Monday 26 November 2012

Discarded Opening Ideas.

There were some ideas I originally thought up but decided to cut them from the opening for various reasons.

Discarded scenes:
I planned out a scene where the killer is chasing a victim through the streets. I was going to include shots of the victims terrified eyes, the killer's approaching footsteps and the inevitable lifeless body of the victim. I decided to cut this scene from the opening as its inclusion would have took me too far beyond the time constraints and working around the weather conditions in order to produce a perfect scene prove too difficult.

I also removed a scene where the killer heats the blade of a Stanley knife in the open candle's flame and burns herself as a means of penance for her actions. I removed this scene as I felt it took the opening in a direction that was too far away from my original concept.

Discarded props:
I removed the props of missing posters and children's drawings from the loft wall as I deemed them unnecessary in the final shot.

Discarded Location:
The alleyway in which the victim would have been murdered.

No comments:

Post a Comment